The old parish church below (see also History page) lies on the northern edge of the town. The interior was reconstructed in 1953, and further modified in 2011. The Recent changes include a ‘welcome area’ at the rear of the church, an upstairs room used for 'J Club' (Sunday school) and other meetings and an upgraded disabled toilet.
The church hall (below) lies nearer the centre of the town and was created from the former Wishart St Andrew’s church in 1980, following the union between Tranent Old Parish Church and Wishart St Andrew’s. As well as a large hall, there is a smaller meeting hall and kitchen on the first floor. The church hall is used by both the congregation and other community groups.
Tranent Parish Church